"Are all of our prayers answered? Yes, they are; what people who ask that question
often don't realize is that sometimes the answer to your prayer is no."
-Sister Mary Ignatius

Monday, August 8, 2011

Serenity on my Porch

Inspired by Jaimie Jo's view from her porch and Paula's room with a view last week, I thought I'd share the view from my porch as well. 

This was my fabulously peaceful morning today.  It is a great place to center oneself and spend some time alone with God.  It is so easy to pray out here in the solitude.  At one point I could hear a vehicle off in the distance, sounded like a bigger truck, I think.  But other than that, it was nothing but birds singing, hummingbirds zipping by, and a few noisy crows off in the distance.    Then the kids woke up and got going.
This really is a favorite spot for us to hang out.  The late afternoon sun makes it rather toasty at times, but all in all, we just can't beat it. 
Remember this pic?  The kids often ask to eat lunch out here.

'Nesting' on this porch is an ongoing process for me.  It's fun that it's always evolving.  Any time I get to rummage/yard sales, or go to the annual flea market in a nearby town, I'm on the lookout for 'new' things to go on the porch.  That makes me happy. 

I can see how I want both the yard and porch to look in my mind, and I'm always thinking about how to work things so that what's in my head is actually what everyone else sees, too.  That is a real chore at times, but it'll be worth it.

Wishing well we inherited from my mother-in-law.


I need to remind myself to stop the daily routine a bit more often so as to spend more time out here enjoying the view and the solitude, just as it is.

5 comments:

  1. I love your porch and your view! I'm just the same. I can vision how my deck, yard, the entire house should look and will look some day. It's the implementation that gets me down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank goodness - I'm not the only one! :-p!
    Isn't that what keeps us going, really? Those some-day attainable goals get me through the day-to-day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Especially this week when it's not like stepping out into a sauna, right?

    Hey, looks like we might be up your way again for more camping this month ; )

    Judge Magney State Park & Grand Portage are on the agenda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your porch and views!! I love how wide it is, it's like another room!

    I love my porch best of all the things with our home. I do wish it were in the backyard though, much better view. (woods, hills, peace)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracy, We'd love to meet up again! Email me more specific info and we can come up with a plan. Its time we make a trip up the 'Shore... so maybe we can drive up that way and meet you for an afternoon? :-)!

    Jamie, That was my intention when I designed it's width. (We added it with a remodel.) My husband wasn't so sure, he thought it'd be way too big. So glad I stuck to my guns!

    ReplyDelete