What have I been up to? I've been pretty quiet here on my little blog. Yes, I know.
Are you familiar with FlyLady's SHE acronym? That is me. I am a SHE. A Sidetracked Home Executive.
I married a perfectionist. I used to be one of those "just do the best you can, fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants, it's not perfect but looks great" kind of gals. Used to be. But not now. Now I have somehow caught the perfectionist-tic bug.
You see, if it isn't going to be done 'right,' I tend to not even do it at all. And that really bugs me. I want to get back to the "just do it - and get it done!" way of doing things. So I'm going to try. Really hard.
Especially here. Here I should be able to get things done exactly as I want them done. But I don't have time. Because I want it done perfectly.
Which indeed reminds me of one of my favorite sayings: There is no perfection this side of heaven!
Only God is perfect. Life gets in the way. We get in the way. We get busy. We get side-tracked. We have other thing to do! We have family to visit. We have fun! We forget to make time to clean our house. We forget the meal plan. We cram it all in during the summer.
Oh gosh, I'm a perfectionist (or as I sometimes say 'a bit O.C.D.'), but am slowly letting go of it since Gianna's arrival realizing it's just not realistic EVERY day.
ReplyDeleteI love the SHE acronym. Will have to remember that one! :)
I agree that on the blog is the last place my prefectionism needs to shine. Sometimes things are out of order or posts are began but never finished. Oh well, I love sharing, typing and putting it out there (mostly for myself) so I just blog as I am able and the time is right.
Good luck and can't wait to catch up!